Use the last Sunday of the month to review what you’ve accomplished, learned, and will do next to stoke the fire powering your dream steam. This post presents the H4K BrainTool: Quarterly-review. Students, if your semesters don’t align to the quarters, use this report at the midterm and end of your semester.
Set your timer for an hour, assemble your tools, and ink it.
Ink Your Quarterly-Review
Review the last quarter to see how you closed in on your goals, what strengths contributed to that movement, how you could make it stronger, and what you learned. Get out your keyboard and mouse, or pen and paper, and ink it!
- Make a table with these headings: Goals, Milestones, Progress, Strengths, Opportunities, and Insights.
- Review your planned milestones for the quarter, your monthly reviews, master-tasker log sheets, annual goals, and five year goals. Note your accomplishments in the categories of Goals, Milestones, or Progress, and write them down in your table.
- Review the table as you go and at the end of the listing of accomplishments. Fill in the 1-3 Strengths you used that led to the accomplishments.
- Approach your Opportunities for improvement the same way, identifying 1-3 for each accomplishment.
- Discover and record your insights as you reflect during steps 2-4. Come up with 3 insights, at least, for the quarter.
- Write a short summary of the accomplishments and a separate summary of the opportunities. Save these to plan your next quarter.
- Congratulate Yourself. Don’t give in to evaluating and criticizing yourself. The quarter is over and you’re moving forward to fulfill your dreams. Learn from the experience and prepare for the next opportunity.
- Summarize your insights from the quarter.
- Share your summary with your stakeholders.
This post is in the Chapter on Goal Management. The chapter covers the steps from discovering your dreams, to celebrating their reality. In this chapter we cover a system that integrates five year, one year, quarterly, monthly, and daily planning, execution, assessment, and adjustment so that your dreams become your reality.
Delve the posts below in the given order to transform your dreams into accomplishments!
- Direct Your Life
- Discover Your Dreams in 5 Steps
- Ready for Your Future? How to Commit to Your Dreams
- Five Steps Turn Dreams Into Goals in One Hour
- Ten Challenges to Goal Setting (and how to resolve)
- Set Your Quarterly Milestones
- Create Your Agile Monthly Plan
- Master Taskers Prioritize and Execute
- Nine Steps Adjust Your Plans and Improve Your Progress with Your Monthly-Assessment in One Hour
- You are here => Nine Steps to Celebrate and Learn from Your Quarterly-Assessment in One Hour
- Reflect Annually to Celebrate with Loved Ones and Continue Directing Your Future
As we wrote this post, we reached the end of the summer and started fall. We took some time to reflect on the changing of the seasons and celebrate being here, being loved, and always moving forward! The picture was taken near Robert Redford‘s Sundance Resort in Utah. (c) 2017 by David Leasure.